{Clark and Lori}
{ Brittany&Johnse, Weston, Courtney, Dylan, Cailey}
{Ethan, Avery, and Eliot}

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gone VEGAN


Courtney has gone vegan! She decided a few months ago to go vegan after reading some amazing books on it! She wanted healthier eating habits and wanted her body to have energy and feel better.
We started cooking vegan recipes together!
Here is a "brown rice pasta", pasta salad!

This is cous cous with tomatoes and toasted pine nuts!
I am really proud of my vegan vegetable lasagna with eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms!
And the best for last...vegan, gluten free, and sugar free carrot cupcakes, yum!
We love spending time in the kitchen together and cooking! I am learning a whole new way of cooking and eating and it's fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

wow mom your lasagna looks amazing! And I LOVED the cous cous!!

That is really nice of you to cook Courtney all these special foods to work with her new diet! Your such a great mom!

the organic kitchen said...

yay Courney! I could very easily be a vegetarian, vegan is a little tougher. Being a good cook sure is helpful, I am sure you will be able to help her out a lot with all the new skills you have picked up!