{Clark and Lori}
{ Brittany&Johnse, Weston, Courtney, Dylan, Cailey}
{Ethan, Avery, and Eliot}

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

our bird named Prince!


This is our bird.
Courtney bought him 10 years ago with her birthday money!
She thought she had bought a girl and named her Princess...
soon after we got her we found out that "SHE" was a "HE" and we had to quickly change his name to Prince.
She took care of him for awhile and eventually gave up.
I inherited the bird.
I have been cleaning his cage and buying his monthly supply of food ever since.
Come to think about it I think I always cleaned his cage and bought his food.
So we have had him for 10 years.
I found out recently that birds can live for 25 years!!!
I have never clipped his wings and brought him out of his cage...


so there he sits in his little home day after day in our laundry room.
He doesn't talk, but he can whistle and he mimics the sound of the washer and dryer...
and he is loud when people come up to the back door.
So we know someone is coming over before they knock or come in.


He does love me and if I go up and make kissing noises at the cage,
He comes over to me and kisses me back.
I think he knows if he didn't I would of got rid of him long ago.
I have to admit that some days I am really tired of taking care of all our animals
and the house...
So I have to stop and think about this saying we have up in our kitchen that says...
"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."

4 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

I sent you that saying once after you told me you were having a bad week :)

on another note just be glad that my bird died...otherwise you'd have too ;)

Caitlin said...

I forgot about the bird! Wow, you guys have a lot of pets. I think the bird is my favorite. :)

The Alvords said...

You are a good mom, because I would have gotten rid of him years ago. I hope your kids realize that!

Spiker said...

I concur with Courtney... he would have been given away for sure.